12 jun 2 Senior Sensor Specialists to ABB Marine & Ports in Västerås
2 Senior Sensor Specialists to ABB Marine & Ports in Västerås
Welcome to an attractive job at ABB Marine & Ports. Here you get the opportunity to develop autonomous systems for terminal cranes at the world’s largest ports or to large marine vessels. How cool isn’t that? You will work in a great team with committed colleagues who are motivated by technical development and you are offered very good conditions to develop your knowledge and have fun at work. Exciting international projects all over the world – from Europe to Asia, visits to technology fairs, hobby projects for development are some examples of what we offer.
You will be part of the sensor team and contribute to the development of our next generation sensor systems as specialist in computer vision and perception. Your team consists of 18 colleagues, nine specialists in sensor technology and nine in automation and you will report to the Manager Motion Control & Sensors.
Examples of tasks
- Drive progress of our research and development in sensor- and perception applications for autonomous terminal cranes.
- Actively work with development of perception algorithms utilizing both vision- and point cloud (LIDAR) data using techniques such as ROS2, OpenCV, PCL, TensorFlow and PyTorch working in C/C++, Python and MATLAB in embedded systems and process controller.
- Actively participate in cross-functional agile team and coach team members within your area of expertise.
- Work with both R&D in new product development while working with enhancements to existing products in cooperation with customers.
- Pursuing new ideas for technological innovation and sharing expertise in team meetings and technical reports.
- Expanding your knowledge base of customer needs and technological developments in control theory and sensor systems.
- Masters’ degree in Control Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics, Mechatronics, or similar area.
- Experience from working with vision and sensor applications and technologies such as OpenCV, PCL, Linux, ROS, Docker, PyTorch and TensorFlow.
- Open to travel globally and support customers as specialist in sensor applications.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
- A high level of self-motivation, curiosity and desire to learn about new technologies.
More about us
ABB Marine & Ports supplies world-leading technologies that are driving the evolution of sustainable shipping. Electrical propulsion, data-driven decision support and integrated solutions for ship and shore from ABB are paving the way to a zero-emission marine industry, providing greater efficiency and reliability to shipowners, and preparing vessels to meet the demands of tomorrow. Our automation and electrical solutions are making port and terminal operations safer, greener and more productive. ABB Marine & Ports operates in 26 countries and has 2,000 employees. www.abb.com/marine
Union representatives – Sveriges Ingenjörer: Mikael Blomqvist, +4621-34 21 48; Ledarna: Leif Öhrberg, +4621-34 23 25; Unionen: Krista Andersson, +4621-34 02 85.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
We look forward to receiving your application. We are working on this assignment with the Skills Recruitment agency. Apply for this post via www.skillsrekrytering.se by no later than 31 of august. Documents submitted in English are appreciated. Please contact Annika Frii at Skills Rekrytering on +46 (0)70- 33 55 290 if you have any questions about this position.